Winter is fast approaching, so there is no better time to make sure your gas fireplace is running efficiently.
Not only does servicing your gas fireplace ensure your family will stay warm throughout the colder months without hassle, but it gives you peace of mind that it is operating properly.
Do gas fireplaces need to be serviced?
There is a common misconception that opting for gas over a wood fireplace means there is little to no maintenance required – this isn’t the case.
Even though a gas fireplace is a lot easier to use and requires less cleaning, it is still important to make sure you are keeping up with your annual services.
How often should gas fireplaces be serviced?
Is it recommended that they are serviced every two years by a certified technician.
The servicing process involves:
- Deep cleaning and inspection of the flue
- Checking the glass door for thermal damage
- Checking the ceramic logs, platinum embers, pilot head and carbon box got carbon buildup
- Checking for any carbon monoxide leakages
- Checking electrical components such as switches, relays and controls to make sure they are working properly
Do gas fireplaces need to be cleaned?
Yes, they need regular cleaning. This is included in your servicing.
However, you can clean your fireplace yourself if you feel as though it needs some extra love between annual services.
We recommend getting in touch with a professional technician before doing so. That way, injury is avoided and so is damage to your fireplace.
How to know your gas fireplace is in need of a service…
Just because you are keeping up with your annual services, that doesn’t mean that things won’t go wrong in between.
Your gas fireplace is in need of a service if:
- It has a flickering flame
- The unit won’t turn on
- It is struggling to ignite
- The fan inside is making loud and unfamiliar noises
- If you are having remote issues
Gas Fireplace Servicing
At Just Gas Log Fires, we are your local experts in gas fireplace installation, repairs and servicing.
With over 20 years of experience, we offer a comprehensive service across the Melbourne area. Get in touch now to make sure you’re ready for winter.